If you’ve spent time shopping for new windows for your Bellevue home, chances are you’ve heard of vinyl windows and their many benefits. Vinyl windows are currently the most widely purchased window material on the market, despite being one of the youngest. However, a large fan base and some savvy marketing may not be enough to convince you that vinyl windows are the right fit for your home. To help you with the buying process, we’ve created the official guide to everything you need to know about vinyl windows.
- Vinyl windows first hit the market in the early 1970’s. At the time, they were intended to be an economical option compared to other windows on the market. Fast forward to today and the material still holds one of the lowest price tags on the showroom floor.
- When vinyl windows were first launched, it was rare to find them in a color other than white or cream. However, thanks to their rising popularity, manufacturers are now using the material in a number of colors and styles.
- Vinyl windows feature an expanding and contracting material known as PVC, which you may recognize as being the same material commonly found in household pipes.
- When it comes to the density of your glass, double and triple-pane glass is standard in vinyl windows. This makes a substantial difference in the amount of excess noise that enters your home, the amount of air that escapes it, and how secure you are from outside threats.
- Vinyl windows have a strong reputation for their low maintenance nature. While some materials, like wood, require annual peeling, sanding, painting and staining, vinyl windows only need the occasional cleaning with soap and water to maintain their aesthetic appeal.
- Vinyl windows can boost the resale value of your home. In fact, some real estate reports have shown that homeowners can expect up to an 80% return on the cost of their vinyl windows once their home has sold.
- Vinyl windows also save you money by requiring less repairs. Unlike other materials on the market, vinyl windows don’t hold onto excess moisture, which means a dramatically reduced chance of warping, distorting or other weather damage that requires expensive repairs.
- Vinyl windows can help protect the fabrics in your home. Thanks to the advanced UV blocking technology they feature, your furniture and fabrics will be protected from the harsh sunlight that typically damages them.
Vinyl windows are an ideal option for any homeowner. From their affordability to their energy efficiency, vinyl windows contribute to your household in a number of areas without requiring a hefty investment. If you’re interested in having vinyl windows installed in Bellevue, WA, we suggest starting with a free consultation at Signature Windows. Our team can also provide you with a free, no pressure, informative quote so you know what to expect from the beginning. To speak with a window expert today, give us a call at 253-887- 7792 or stop by our showroom floor located at 1604 15th St. SW #110 Auburn, WA 98001.